Monday, April 2, 2007

Amen

I think today I surpassed all my past records...of procrastination. I realize this is a highly narcissistic blog--the me-myself-my thingy- types--and even though I do realize the need to stop this, I thought I would document this shameful and indicative event in order to keep a surveillant record of one of my innumerable dark sides. In lieu of my good old blue diary, and in presence of impersonalized practice of typing on a keyboard, what could be better than a blog to serve as a Pan Opticon of sorts...?

How did I procrastinate?

By Staring at the roof;
By Sleeping;
By Staring on a blank document on Microsoft word;
By Reading and re-reading ABP and rediff websites;
By Reading orkut profiles and absolutely, undoubtedly useless community postings;
By Doing all the relevant household chores that I could possibly pass;
By continuing to procrastinate through writing this blog;

Why did I procrastinate?

I hated doing what I'm and was supposed to do (the reason is always this simple).

Realizing this is commonplace. Realizing this and continuing to be stupid enough to carrying on procrastinating is somewhat commonplace too. Making a blog (and an increasingly boring one at that...) would also perhaps be commonplace (based on my experience, at least).

And I'm not going to suggest a climactic "but this is not commonplace" piece. I am quite commonplace so there's no point in pretending to be the other, is there?

So why I'm writing even this very sentence? Apart from documenting and creating an unabashed drum beating blog?

Because facing our own selves sometimes enables observing and correcting the things we don't like in us. If we do possess the ability to correct, that is. But even then, the wish is always there.

I desperately wish ...I wasn't a member of Procrastinators Anonymous.

There, I said it.

Here, I end it. (it=blogging; also, it=procrastinating)

I would not cross this record of Procrastinating.

Amen.



1 comment:

Shilpi said...

hoy fellow procrastinator, back from the dead...it's quite a serendipitious event to have located your blog (of all things!) today....I've had my giggle and my chuckle and my chortle for the day...now write in to my e-mail address for Christ's sake. Been trying to track you down in the weirdest of places - and have been trying for the last couple of weeks. Where are you and give me your new phone # for Christ's sake. By the way - I must say this - you look remarkably wonderful in some photos I recently saw...Jeez - great. Now I sound like some female stalker of all things! What a day!
taratari mail kor. toder moton public-ke niye aar para gelo na. hotath kore je kothay shob udhao hoye jaash - honestly! Jaak. Mailkor shiggiri!

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals