Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Days are here Again!

Yesterday was an immensely happy day, and the happiness somewhat continued albeit a break in between, since this evening.
Truly speaking, I haven’t felt happier in weeks, so to provide my friends, enemies and acquaintances some proof of non-eternal (or limited) depression, here’s what I did and why I felt happy. As they say in ANT (which colours my current belief-system,…and this is not ant or “pipre” in Bengali, that I’m talking about) ...if I explain well, I do not need to explain why.

I got up and decided to do a lot of work done yesterday. (If you haven’t really guessed by now, Work = reading moronic stuff in journals and doing even more anal stuff…and putting another dose to turning myself into a moron)

After deciding on the above, did some Yoga and felt good afterwards.

Did some TA work.

And decided next, that to compensate for this brief agony, I should satisfy my food needs.
I chose to replace Coffee as lunch to alu-chachhari and ruti. I put as much chilli powder as I could withstand without being hospitalised, and absolutely loved the hottest ever thingy later.

This food bliss was followed by the decision to take a break and read a book.
It was bliss outside too…sunny after 7 days, at 12 degrees,….. and I had nowhere to go.

Read, read and read…after so long a time, I actually read something non-academic. Found out that there’s an idyllic bliss in reading and revisiting childhood books. I was reading “Saradindu’s Aitihasik kahini Samogro”. I don’t care if you snort up your “tnyash” noses, because I don’t care about Tnyash people. This book definitely, is much better than reading Robert Ludlams, and Jhumpa-s of your world; in fact by standing up for this book, I’m actually devaluing it. Let’s not get there…

In the evening, I decided I would stall the process of turning into a moron for a bit, and continued reading the book. Next, chatted (not online, folks!) with my husband.
Night time entertainment was acquired with “Koffee with Karan” (had Konkona, Riteish Deshmukh, and that guy from RDB …Kunal Kapoor). I felt wee bit down afterwards. I used to think Konkona was more intelligent….but she appeared to be more Modern-High School-for-Girls than Delhi-bred. Hmph. I really liked Riteish ( I hate this numerology spellings)….he appeared very, very decent, restrained, sharp and witty.

Next, did some scrapping here and there. I have been observing that people derive almost a gurgling pleasure on reminding me of my recent weight gain and how ugly I look. Mostly these people are those who are fat (not obese) themselves, and I understand that this mostly comes from their need to boost their ego by flattening the curve of self-images with others. Yes, I do understand. But that doesn’t stop me from thinking of those people as assholes.
But even after these swarming attacks to my ego, I remained to keep feeling bunny-like happy. I was happy to set aside a day for myself, absolutely doing nothing, and investing in myself than project ideals of some myopic shithead academicians.

Today, happiness emerged on seeing that it was actually raining in Calgary! Not that one-a-drop, two-drop kind of rains which is the norm, but it was raining in six and seven drops.

I understand that this account is increasingly giving the hint that I would be more happy not doing what I’m currently involved in, which would be encountered only with a partial protest, the hint being a glimpse of partial truth…but it is more a matter of living life simply; living life without the pretension of we-are-doing-a-great-service-to-the-world-by-doing-our-dissertations; living life without blocking our thinking abilities and without finding life’s all pervasive glee in food, recipes and discussions of the number of publications made.

And in case you are wondering about the parochialism of the blog title, it is taken….no not from the Barbara Streisand song, but from (I can see that snort….and I don’t like it) a song of “Om Jai Jagdish” (look up imdb and raaga, I’m not giving you more details). It’s very bollywoodish, and totally is disconnected with my life situation….for I’m not wearing any churi or kangan, but only studs on my ears, (contributing much to the chagrin and gossip among my married, female and male friends/acquaintances).

The association of this line with my current state possibly stems from the way it is sung, and hence portrays the mood I’m in.

Appearances can be deceptive, eh?

1 comment:

Shilpi said...

As PR would say 'Interesting'...sent you a medium length mail...I don't understand - what's wrong with Saradindu’s Aitihasik kahini Samogro???? What's wrong about reading it? Why would one have to defend oneself? But I do agree - in defending it you're devaluing it...Kaushiki and Sumki made me read it and I'm glad and grateful to them both...
By the way, I want to know which bokachoda (and do remember I'm not generally given to using cuss words) actually said you had gained weight and that you looked ugly! I don't understand this at all. Apart from all other things - it's simply not true! Who is/are it/they? Let me know so that I can give 'it'/them a piece of my mind! Of course you know how I can get enraged with moronic, meaningless and untrue comments like these....
hehehe...but I do love your comment about 'it'/'them' and the fact that nothing could take away your 'bunny-like' happiness...I'll cheer away for more days like these! take care Koyel and keep writing!

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals