Friday, April 6, 2007

Banal post # 567

A friend has been urging me to write/blog more. Almost everyday....and I tell her that there's nothing to write. This reason could also possibly pass as there's nothing that I could write about in the moment--and if you missed the difference between the previous and this sentence in absence of italicized words, please go back and read again--but more than that, it's possibly also because I don't seek to write about banality, .....ahem...anymore. Regardless, I thought I would give one more BIG dose of banality to keep people satisfied. It's not that there has been nothing happening in my life since my last blog update.....only that it's not worth mentioning/remembering/writing.
So what's been happening?

1. It's 6th day snowing in Calgary, relentlessly. The sky, the landscape, the visibility...everything is white, bleak and depressing.

2. I still don't have any idea whether my hardworking roomie is home or in university as always,... right now (Yvonne, if you are reading this, please post a comment. You don't even make any sound nowadays.....*sigh*)

3. I'm feeling more unfit physically and even more depressed mentally, though my face looks less bloated, somehow. I wish I could figure out the trick for future repetition. Sadly though....I still can't figure out.

4. I got in touch with some of my school friends, through orkut. Almost everybody have changed, which is normal and obvious....but somehow it seems many can't seem to come in terms with the change in me.

5. I've been wondering about the utility of keeping in touch with people....especially when there is almost no kick received out of some relationships. Unlike real life relationships, we can possibly put an end to relationships that are largely dependent on virtual communication, even though I agree with my friend Ashish (aka mycotoxin) in our failure/inability to escape the network of virtual life. With real life relationships where conversations are limited to asking me how I am, and me asking the same question with thanks and the listener reciprocating with thanks and one-liner of how s/he is, most of my virtual communications with others never cease to hurt, to be irritating, to be irrelevant, and banal. The people I love, admire and cherish,... form few of the people I interact online.

6. I have been feeling the urge to call some friends, but lack the verve and enthusiasm to maintain a normal voice level and balance. I've been loving my quiet self past these days.....to my surprise.

7. It's yet another weekend...of movies,....of cleaning,.....of hogging on to inconsequential supposedly academic work....and of reading the weekend versions of ABP and Telegraph.

I wish to go to the seaside, with my best friend, with my husband. I wish to go away from all these banality. I wish to blog better. I wish to be more interesting. I wish to be alive.

3 comments:

Shilpi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shilpi said...

Hi Koyel,
Just about read this. Thanks a lot for putting this post up - at least I get to read something...and it's curious...been feeling the same way for some time now. I do think the post has some dollops of dry humour ('bloated face' miracle - that's something like my bloated tummy...)But a blog is too public a place for me to post a comment - a real one - so maybe I'll wait for mail time...there is an immediate connection I feel with the post - I'm not so sure what it is...shall write in soon...once again - thak you so much for the post...as you know I've pretty much been feeling the same way about re-connecting with old friends....shiver-shiver...take care.
I deleted my comment (there was a stupid spelling mistake!)and put it up again...

idle-labour said...

Get the Current God in your desktop: Google Toolbar...will check for your spelling...or rather typos, I would say.

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals