Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sensibilities? I don't know. I don't know what title would be satisfying. I don't care.

Yes, I don't care. I don't care anymore, I don't care about "doing Sociology" and subscribing to (as much as I hate it) the precious idea of doing it for the benevolent purpose. Not when 14 villagers (officially, according to CPM and government officials, that is) and 40 (unofficially) are shot by state sponsored police.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/six-killed-in-nandigram-violence/35984-3.html

and this says 14: http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showtopstory.asp?slug=Nandigram+violence+kills+14%0D&id=21629&category=National

But death toll has risen more than that. Before we point fingers at the world, at TMC, at CPM, before we meet our deadlines and exchange greetings, and before we sip our mocha-s and beers and eat our food, would we ever go
beyond the figures?

What are we? What, exactly what will take us to jolt us of our indifferent and inhuman sensibilities?

I do include me within this "we". Apart from writing my blog, what can I do?

This is a question that is haunting me. And I seriously hope I will find an answer. Probably not today. But I'll be little more at peace if ever I can find the answer.

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals