Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wishlist

Wishlists are ...... tricky thingys. As much as they are tempting to one, and for near and dear ones to that 'one', they are also reminiscent of what one cannot get, how "need" and "wants" are different (and rarely, similar) and how it is as futile and as pleasurable an activity as procrastination. So much pleasurable and so narcissistic at that, but once in a while, probably they wouldn't hurt.

Just like eating Tiramisu once in a blue moon (pattern signifies my life, not of others) wouldn't.

Here's my wishlist, as of today. It won't be updated tomorrow, so signifying today has hardly any importance other than menial documentation.

1. Go to a sea-side. More specifically, go to Puri. I've been to many sea beaches, but today I just want to go to the humid, salty, blue and familiar, Puri. Not my eternal favourite Goa. Funny, eh?

2. Work out till you drop dead (no more word on this one).

3. Get a female friend who is your best friend. I so much crave this one. Not that I do not have female friends, and they are so good. But we are kind of spread out, tempo-spatially, with babies, with weddings......with jobs. I want one in the city, one quite close and one as crazy as one would like to go for coffee at 10 pm in the night. If the last sentence sounds surprising, let me tell you that not many females of my age remain so carefree. Everybody gets so darned "songsari".

4. Get drenched in the rain. Now, this, happens a lot in Toronto, (and when it's cold, it snows obviously) but I would like the tropical rains. Not raining in zero degrees. I guess I'd have to wait till summer, as sometimes, it does rain in here, like it does in Calcutta.

5. Watch movies for a whole day, doing nothing. And I stress the nothing part.

6. Go hiking in Banff.




Whoever says that wishlists seldom represent what we need, is a liar.

3 comments:

Shiri Basu Roy said...

No. 2 is almost exactly opposite of the 5th one :D And getting drenched in rain is what I'm desparately waiting for... :( It's getting warmer every day and to think here I'm talking about only the beginning of Spring!

idle-labour said...

Wishlists gotta reflect life, isn't it Jhinka? And when life is a delectable pie of contrasts, this wishlist will somewhat, also be comparable to that quality,.... my characteristics notwithstanding.

Heathcliff said...

"I want one in the city, one quite close and one as crazy as one would like to go for coffee at 10 pm in the night. If the last sentence sounds surprising, let me tell you that not many females of my age remain so carefree. Everybody gets so darned "songsari".

This is what exactly I was scared of before getting married, But nah! nothing has changed...

I am sure you will have someone to go out at 10 for a cup of coffee. Its nice.

ami onekkbaar korechi...

ami kokhono hiking e jai ni.. amar o khub icch ekore. :( next time deshe gele jabo thik korechi. college er bondhu der sathe.

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals