Thursday, March 19, 2009

The heart of the matter

There are times when everything in nature acts in unison and almost makes you wonder why aren't they included in Murphy's Laws? It is almost a crime to witness the canopy conspiracy that makes one cringe to the overarchical and amazingly huge plausibility of the whole of it and the inability to escape it.

I'm talking about voting.


You can't escape this nerve-wreckingly irritating so-called "choice" in any kind of media. Even the greatbong is blogging about it. Your university webmail is brimming with 20 emails per day, some introducing you, some soliciting you and some informing you of GSA (Graduate Student Association) elections candidates. Social capital or not, and me being a researcher and covert preacher of it or not, this whole vote-to-change-the-holy-world business is utterly bemusing, to say the least. When exercising choice over life situations is limited to two binary degrees of freedom, with a third gray area thrown as consolation, voting people to heal circumstances who almost inevitably would take to heels, is perhaps nature's way of making it a dark irony.

And in my third gray area, after waiting in a doctor's chamber for two and half hours, I decided to reward myself, with a double chocolate donut, mocha latte and a chocolate danish, from Tim Horton's (which sells the best coffee in the world and Starbucks is not even a benchmark here).

So much for the choice to be happy!


And I wanted to look my leanest in the last 3 years, at least on my birthday. But happy birthdays should be happy in the least, don't you agree? Although certain friends and well-wishers (all senior to me) are already putting one eyebrow high up in expressing how stepping on the thirties would steep one in biding nostalgia of all the good things in life, I feel that I've hardly gathered the mental and physical ability to feel their premonition. Thirties were a dream cohort for me when I was young, since, frustrating or not, the stage to be professionally successful was always set in there. Years went by to get up there and yes, I cannot possibly wait more and would like to speed up in the last round.

The kind of choices that matter, always come in miniscule proportions. I have already said that. You've probably also felt that. And probably owing to their microscopic properties, they escape us so well, yet hang around us just to be picked and consumed.

(Above sentence is partially plagiarized from its original version)

No comments:

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals