Thursday, June 7, 2007

lost in transit

Now Blogger saves your drafts automatically!

If only our draft of intentions and actions could be saved to prove their originality.....if only. Once they are delivered, they lose their umbilical connection and are so often perceived in a new fluid reality. Who is to blame? The sender? the medium/media? the receiver? reckoning that there cannot be one exclusive answer, is there any infallible answer?

Then from where does the virtual world is inspired and/or mirrored on the real world?

Half of our lives are spent in trying to press Ctrl+S and save our little selves in transmission. Sometimes part or whole of those little things are recovered, but--for me at least--most of it is lost in transit.

Apart from mourning for them and trying to find answers and solutions, I try to find some emotional antiseptic......which sometimes do their job pretty well depending on the wounds, but some wounds are left gaping, ugly and....... concealed from the ones who gave them.

Anyway....let me get back to my movie, which is not an emotional antiseptic, but is one of my MOST favourite ones: Kaagaz ke Phool.

Featuring one of the unforgettable songs having this unabashedly haunting/recurrent feeling:

tumi bhi kho gaye
hum bhi kho gaye
ek raah par,
chal ke do kadam.....

waqt ne kiya
kya haseen sitam....
tum rahe na tum
hum rahe na hum


3 comments:

Mycotoxin said...

It's interesting you should say this at this time - the world does judge you on what is here, now. On results. On achievements. On what you have done.
But 90% of life is the plans we make, the risks we take, the ventures we undertake... What happens to the things that didn't end, but, just for a while, simply were?
If everything's about ending what you start, what happens to Life, the journey?

idle-labour said...

Life is about watching--without a control,(for the most part, that is)--what happens to the things that were started. We're supposed to learn from all these retrospection, so as to never walk the same way, but truth is... we do want to walk the same way.

and therein lies my question...when we want to walk the same way, stubbornly wishing things were not lost in transit, or wishing as you say, that things should not come to an end, but should remain as it is, is it possible to match our drafted perceptions/intentions/plans with our co-actors?

Yeah, there might not be a need to match, we could just go on...but even then, if we weren't interested in exhibitionism and acceptance of those precious things, we would not let them out in the first place.....to represent us.

Unknown said...

This post reminded of a poem that I read.

just a four liner.

Trnslated ---

I have a dark grave secret
in the alleys of my mind.
This insolence, this importance,
how long can I bear?

It reminded me of those scribblings (on pages long lost) that captured innumerable presents of my past.

In this context, I have so many things to relate, but the finiteness of my existence restricts me.

I have failed to contain the whole infinite process of expression within me.

And this failure is what this post reminds me of.

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals