Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tagged: Tad bit more of narcissism

I was tagged some months back by a pechhon paka and now by the Jhinka chica! Supposedly, tagging relieves the blogger's block. Though, I'm more in a time block than a blogger's block so to speak, gathering up time to coherently write through a mass of things could probably be eased by a tag. So here we go:

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER?
Ratatouille. Seven months back. Both my roomie and me loved it. And then none loved each other like before. But that's another story, and a very different one too. Also, not palatable.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
None.

3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Scrabble. Also, Ludo, at times.

4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?

What becomes favourite does not remain so after a while. Very temporally bound then, in random order: Shuktara, Anandamela, Chnadmama, Desh, Readers' Digest, Graffiti (definitely, for the same reason Jhinka mentioned)

5. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Can't play favourites here. Not possible, since the favourites are very intense. And also very, very cliché.
Just extinguished candle, petrol, kerosene, sandalwood, wild rose, wet earth, old book smell, vanilla, lavender, paint, aloo-posto, luchi, Chnapa phool, Madhobilata on a summer evening (obviously this has to be in somewhere in West Bengal), Chanel no. 5 [:P], Also.....Flower by Kenzo (yes, I'm one big materialistic consumer)

6. FAVORITE SOUND?
Again, no single favourite. Very variable, depending on the situation and also differing at times.


7.WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD:
I guess that would be being a failure.

8.FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP?
Unfortunately, I'm unable to think of a thing. The thoughts of things to be done in the day ahead comes rumbling up as soon as I wake up.

9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Bad question.

10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME:
Brishti.



IF it's a boy, then probably Neel. But then Supratim often ponders over the possibility of the kid being called "Neel Giri", so I will have to think it over. I like the name "Ujaan" too, but my dear husband differs with me on that one too.

Well, if he chooses to differ too much, I will have three kids and name them Uday, Dhabal and Khanda.

Irrespective of gender.


11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT.
"If I had a lot of money I would.........not do research to meet the hegemonic agendas.


12.DO YOU DRIVE FAST?
Can't drive. But I like fast driving.....especially speeding very fast on a bike. Cliche, no?

13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
I prefer not to call human beings animals.

14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY?
Definitely cool when you are indoors. Or a kid in a rural area.

15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
Never knew I appeared that male.

16. FAVORITE DRINK?
Aam porar sharbat; Long Island; Water; Seven Up.

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT,
"IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD... I would sleep more (and thereby, live better)

18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
If I am made to eat broccoli, then stems or flowers are hardly a choice.

19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?

Red!



20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.
Ahmadpur, Calcutta, Badajoz, Calgary, Toronto

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

They are all good as long as they have good looking men in them.


22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU:
I don't like the adjective "nice". I would say one helluva thing that I admire and respect in the person who sent this to me is her maturity (given her age) and wit.

23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Ummm....wrappers. Of chocolates, trail mix bars, and so on.

I know.

24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?
Absolutely.

25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL?
Can and have been both.

26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny side up.

27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
Too many and too personal to list. The place where I had spent my childhood would top the list though.

28. FAVORITE PIE?
Shepherd's. Always :D :D

29.FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Chocolate; cookies and cream; peanut butter and caramel; blind love.

30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?


The one who is in a narcissistic mood :P

I would tag a lot of people, but some of them do not blog anymore.

And then, I'm past the age of tagging and Frisbees. How about just passing on the baton whoever reads it (and takes it)?

1 comment:

Shiri Basu Roy said...

The best part is the answer involving future child's name.. =)

But believe me, choosing a formal name can make one feel so sleep-deprived ! Once I chose 'Ajanta' for a girl and it was rejected 'cause it reminded others of 'Ajanta Hawaai'!

Also thumbs up for the wrappers! that's far more normal than me. :P

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals