Monday, March 10, 2008

Of earrings and ears

There could be more things than the infamous bloggers' block in writing as sporadically as I have been doing, for quite some time now. As a rooter for cumulative causes and coming from a social science brainwashed camp, it is indeed very predictable that I would hereforth put in several reasons for not writing in the pace as I was doing before. So, here they are (and they would be repeated with unabashed shamelessness in near future when I stop writing again):

1. Lack of time (Try being a TA for a stats course and then we will talk)
2. Lack of interest in anything that could call for interests...such as movies, books, girls, pals, tagging, weather.
3. Lack of having a rocking social life that could serve as a fodder for this blog with no sarcasm barred.
4. Not doing well physically, and perhaps mentally, if inability to make and understand any coherent thought could count. I guarantee you'll see traces of that mental state now and then in this entry as well.

Now, it is impossible that nothing would not have happened in my life. Yeah....right.

In between and as far as I can clearly remember one thing has been happening with alarming regularity. And I'm left with these:

Yes, I've lost the other pairs. All from my left ear. And in many instances I've realized I've lost one of them after enough time have passed since I've made a fool of myself by wearing one of them in a TA class, in a meeting with my supervisor, and after I've finished grocery shopping.

Life doesn't spare me, at all. Not even in the usual trivialities where you could count on things.

Things like being politically correct, at least in front of others. As I was walking into my TA class sometime in last week, some of the students were discussing about the American Election Politics. Their comments were not very interesting in any way...and I was looking into my notes when I heard, "I can take a minority only as long as it's Black". Instantly my ears went upright as radars (and I don't know whether I dropped and lost my left earring in the process, but mah ears were right upright!)

I was hoping someone would at least condemn....but well nobody did. People were bashing minorities, with a minority TA hearing it all.....thinking and trying to analyze why and how Blacks earn their respect among racist White richie kids? Once I went through some completed questionnaire that asked if the respondent felt any hatred towards any ethnic group in particular and why. Most of the respondents mentioned Ukranians, Chinese and "Paki-s" as the ethnic group that are "sick" and should be "out of Canada". Surely, there is a colour-coded hatred mosaic and I'm gonna work on that!

So, yeah, I got some research idea, which should translate as fantastic, because 3 years of PhD life has made me a dead head as far as research ideas are concerned (well...ahem...also in other areas but I better not divulge all my secrets in a single blog entry. Some could serve as inspirations for more to come, especially when the situation of nothing-to-write-about has an immense imminent probability to strike).

And then, things have been delayed in the professional front...but finally falling in place.

Though I still haven't started going to the gym.

Oh...three of my friends' email id-s got hacked (or cracked), their chat histories read, selected and doctored. The rest is history. Friendships were severed, people were suspected and clueless mindsets were transmitted over phone. Taking sides and being involved were never murkier.
I also had to hear that nothing could be severed if it were not actually severed. No, it's not a circular statement, the actuality of the breaking event is emphasized here. That is, friendships that are already tampered, severed, cannot be broken any further. As one of my very cool and cold-headed friend told me this, I couldn't but agree, though partially.

After all, when conversations in a messenger chat take place, between two people, people will and do comment about a third person and engage upon "he said-she said" sort of "bitching". Human nature cannot be expected to be just. It is less often than not that we learn it the hard way and though it does not justify giving in reasons, it could probably make us see things analytically, if not forgivingly and indifferently.

But when persons do not choose to say those things in face of that third person, obviously those persons are exercising a choice and agency to maintain a "facade", so that the particular relationship or friendship could go on. As to why is it necessary to maintain a friendship, even on the surface, and even in the face of being called a "facade", there could be various reasons. But then, who's listening? This is a lost cause and it doesn't take much to lose ears on an issue.

As long as our positions in a chain of relationships are secure, and ego-s are intact, ears and earrings serve as food for blogging, all of us should be happy neighbours, if not a family.

Oh...the above emoticon is meant in its true connotation, not sarcastically. The disclaimer is categorically given since people love and hear my sarcastic avatar more too often than I mean...and it never hurts to take a precaution. Better be safe than sorry, ain't it?

Later!

2 comments:

Hatturi Hanzo said...

you're muh sarcastic, sultry, sadist, scheming biatch!!!!!! :D :D

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee said...

dint find any details to contact you,so am putting in my comments over here.this comment is not purticularly about this post,but its about the overall site.its a great site.thanks for this gift :)

Protected by:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Arrivals